Spring weather calls for light and simple meals involving as little actual cooking as possible, so we can enjoy more time outdoors! One of our favorite spring meals featuring Dalmatia Spread is an amazing plate of Apple, Prosciutto & Figgy Goat Cheese Tartines by Foxes Love Lemons.
This simple meal is the perfect balance of tangy and sweet: pumpernickel bread for the flavor and color and the creamy portion of the sandwich - a mixture of goat cheese, fig preserves and a pinch of lemon zest. Thinly sliced prosciutto makes the tartines a bit heartier, and also adds a salty note that balances the sweetness from the apples. Foxes Loves Lemons recommend using the Michigan Honeycrisp apples for their delectably sweet flavor and awesome crunch!
This recipe is great for hosting parties, as well as innovative brunch buffet!
To make this recipe, you'll need:
- 6 small slices pumpernickel bread
- 1 package (4.5 ounces) goat cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoons fig preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon zest
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 Michigan Honeycrisp apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup microgreens or chopped fresh herbs such as basil or parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bread on rimmed baking pan. Transfer to oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together cheese, preserves, lemon zest and pepper.
- Evenly spread bread slices with cheese mixture. Top with prosciutto, apple slices and greens.